Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dud's Place, 4th August 2010 (Run 19)

Run Report by Duds

It's 10:30 pm Wednesday 4th August. The house is empty now. I've got 3/4's of a pint of Rebellion in my pint glass and the dish washer is beavering away in the background. The radio is playing loud and I'm not feeling tired yet so here is this week's run report....
You say Poonani and I say punani seems to have been the theme for tonight.
I'm aiming to write the most prompt run report ever though I do remember a certain Jerome Bartlett writing a run report on the same evening as the run once before so the jury might be out on this contest....
By the way, when clearing up I found one dish (Selwyn's I think), one Wasps yellow drink bottle and one clear drink bottle with a light blue top....Not bad for an evening's collection. I'm away for the next "x" weeks so I'm afraid they will stay put unless you come and get them.
A very pleasant evening started (despite the weather) in Beacons Bottom when Selwyn, Spider, Brett, Steve, John, Jerome, Fred, Jules and Amanda all arrived bearing gifts such as salads, beer, wine and banter before we set off on a fairly straight forward run down into Bottom Wood, to Ham Farm, over the road and then back to my place via various routes. Selwyn, Spider and myself decided to take the steep but more direct route back home whereas the fitties, including Jerome, who seems to have come on in leaps and bounds of late on the fitness front since refereeing a Turkish punch up on holiday, went on a longer, no doubt less direct route.
Returning back home slightly earlier than expected and catching Brett with a pair of Aude's knickers on his head (only joking Sarah !), the Bar-B-Q eventually got hot after much prompting/blowing and we were all fed and watered and I was left with very few leftovers. The Roddicks and Mr Abbott also turned up and so our number rose to a mighty thirteen.
Shame about the weather but all in all a pretty successful soirée.
I'm feeling a little jaded/drunk now (you wouldn't believe the number of times I've had to correct this email) but apparently you are running from the Stag & Huntsman in Hambleden (or is it Hambledon ?) next Wednesday at 7 pm. Who cares anyway ? I won't be running next week and, if I'm lucky, by that time I'll be drinking tequila and up to my plums in some dusky Mexican maiden (only joking Aude !).
See you all soon mother f*c*ers, I'll be a stone heavier and a lot slower by the time we next run.....
Ciao,
Duds.
P.S. I can't be held responsible for the content of this email. I blame it on the beer so, effectively, it's all David's fault.

No comments: