Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Royal Oak, Bovingdon Green. 31st March 2010 (run 1)

Run report by Amanda

I have agreed to write the first report of the season because it means that for at least the next 3 months at the end of the evening when Steve asks if I will do the report, I can say "NO because I have already done one - pick on someone else". It also means that I get to choose next week's pub and I have a lot to choose from.

Well doesn't time fly - the 2010 Wednesday running season has started again and the turn out was good bearing in mind the recent weather. Selwyn, Steve, Duds, Chris, Susie, Doug, Kate, Jerome, Rob (wearing tights similar to those worn by Rudolph Nureyev), Jules (who ran there as part of his marathon training and who timed his arrival time to perfection), Martin, Neil and me.

I was very impressed that Martin had decided to come along because for the past year he has told us consistently how he hates running but perhaps the promise by the Hucks and Roddicks of copious beer after the run made him change his mind.

Neil arrived a bit late and we had all left so he went for a run on his own where he met up with Heather in the woods and made her run rather than walk - well he is a personal trainer so what do you expect?

We all set off and ran the usual first run route. I made the big mistake of saying after about 10 minutes that we were really lucky with the weather. No sooner had those words come out of my big mouth than it started hailing - but luckily we were in the woods and it had stopped by the time we emerged. The fatties (some of whom were fitties last season but perhaps will promote themselves as the season proceeds) left us half way through which meant that I was now the slowest fittie (by default) and it was quite muddy and slippy in places which made me even slower.

The run was 4 miles exactly and we made it back in the light. Chris very kindly bought the first round as it was his birthday on Monday - thanks Chris. In the pub some of the boys (but not the spouses of any of the girls as they know better) dared to mention that the girls should pay a higher contribution to the kitty as the wine is more expensive than the beer. Well guys, my response to that on behalf of the girls cannot be put to print but I have organised for our chilled vintage champagne to be ready for us when we return from next week's run.

I guess we should still start at 6.30 next week but happy to delay to 6.45 if you think the light will hold out. Next week's run will be from the Peacock, Lane End.

Have a great Easter and see you next week.

Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, what is Asacol ? I thought we were looking for new runners and not cheap supplies of drugs.
Can someone please tell me where we are running from next week as I seem to have been left off the mailing list this year.....thanks.
Duds

Anonymous said...

[URL=http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/link/online%20dating/1_dating6.html][IMG]http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/img0/online%20dating/1_dating6.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/link/online%20dating/2_dating6.html][IMG]http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/img0/online%20dating/2_dating6.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/link/online%20dating/3_dating6.html][IMG]http://imgwebsearch.com/35348/img0/online%20dating/3_dating6.png[/IMG][/URL]