Monday, April 12, 2010

The Peacock, 7th April 2010

Run Report by Kate


My apologies for the lateness of this report, a much depleted band of ‘merry runners’, met at 6.30pm at the Peacock, last Wednesday. There were various theories as to why our numbers were so low, maybe the Easter holidays or was it now that I am back running again on a Wednesday you are all going to avoid me?? The band included myself, Susie, Amanda, Jules, Baz, Stella, Steve, Jerome and last but not least putting in a special guest appearance, Una.

The run itself was sort of up and down with some straight grassy bits, one particularly nasty long hill, up to Frieth, which tested everyone’s stamina. Luckily for us Jules took a wrong turn and after 42mins we were back at the pub and ready for nibbles, much to Steve’s disgust who thought it could and should have been longer, bearing in mind the majority of those present were ‘fitties’! Stella managed to find 2 calf hooves to eat, the first was promptly taken off her by Baz but not the second which she took pleasure in eating. I must admit that it was with some caution that I approach my car later, after Stella had been in residence for a couple of hours, as I felt sure that what she had eaten may have returned in some fashion, but the air was clear and we could all breath easily! Then Rob got in the car!

The land lady in the pub was very welcoming, the football was on, which meant those that were interested could keep up with the score. I can’t remember much about the conversation in the pub apart from the fact that Jerome informed us that he and John were thinking of building a retirement complex for themselves on some ground that used to belong to the factory. How nice, perhaps we could all move in???

This weeks run is from the Crooked Billet, Flackwell Heath at 6.45pm, I am reliably informed that there will be chips afterwards, but could we all make sure we park across the road from the pub to ensure we do not block their car park.

I trust we will see more runners there this week than last???

Love you all

Kate

No comments: